Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Washer, Dryer, Swimming..God is GREAT!

The sun was sooo warm here today. Thanks be to God.
We swam as a family at the pool tonight. Thanks be to God.
We ate delicious leftovers and there were leftovers of the leftovers. Thanks be to God.
Gas prices have dropped drastically. Thanks be to God.
I was shown favor by an employer today. Thanks be to God.
Anthony had a good day at work and has been assigned one project from two projects. Thanks be to God.
Our missions Sundays are filling up fast. Thanks be to God.
We had two more prayer slots filled up. Thanks be to God.
I was able to share a smile and give hope to a patient in need. Thanks be to God.
Our electricity was on all day long and there is no end in sight for the electricity. Thanks be to God. 
I hear the washer spinning and the drying-drying clothes right now. Thanks be to God.
I am thinking...
Because of his LOVE, God had already decided to make us his own children through Jesus Christ. That was what he wanted and what pleased him! Ephesians 1:5
Thanks be to GOD!
Today, in my casual text message conversations God brought a reality. A verse to mind that was hidden in my brain archives. It is Hebrews 11:1, which says, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
One instance was a friend in need of a word from the Lord. She has undergone such trial and has shown perseverance in the Lord and hope for tomorrow. Today however, found her beaten and hiding..the verse comforted me to speak it to her. I love her so much. She is a friend I met on mission to Mexico, one that Anthony and I worked side-by-side with and had such a great time!
The other was when my sister and I were talking theologically. She attends a church which is not Nazarene and there was some conversation about speaking at her church. Ultimately her pastor decided to stay within his denomination for speakers doing missions work and disappointment set-in because we had hoped to share our joy for Africa with her people as well. God again reminded me that the churches we speak in will be God's decision, our hope is to serve. God has NO intention of holding back, he will fulfill our faithful steps in HIS timing. Isn't that beautiful? Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....!!!
I am hopeful for a friend whose sister-in-law suffers from cancer.
I am hopeful for a patient who I had in Chicago that is raising children alone and has taken in children who aren't even hers to help raise them. 
I am hopeful for my friends who are moving from border missions to Africa for service with the Church of the Nazarene. 
I am hopeful that each person we touch in Family Practice sees Jesus in my eyes.
I am hopeful for faith in Christ in my life to be expanded. 
God has great plans for each of us who remember Hebrews 11:1, he has plans for the faith action from the hope we have and the certainty is in Christ.
Friends be excited...that hope is just on the horizon and God is going to do something great! In fact, he already is doing a great thing!

Praise Him today!
Jesika

1 comment:

  1. Don't know why I am just now seeing this blog today - my FB feed must be a mess! I am so excited that your trip is a 'Go'! Add me to any distribution lists you have and I will join you in prayer and support. I love to read your writing (you have a gift for it) and to be witness to your heart for missions! I am so proud and so excited for you all. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete